The White House has released a Playbook for Becoming an Early Learning Community in conjunction with its recent Summit on Early Education. The Playbook outlines 7 steps, each with a number of recommended strategies and helpful examples from around the country:
1. Mobilize key stakeholders in your community.
2. Use data to share the basics on young children in your community.
3. Develop a community-wide strategy or plan.
4. Determine funding mechanisms that work best for your community.
5. Develop a data tracking system.
6. Implement and expand on your plan.