The Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) is sponsoring Getting It Right for Children: Early Educators Leadership Institute, a series of four full-day workshops that begins in late February. The EEC has contracted with Early Childhood Associates to offer the Institute. The Institute will feature prominent national and state early learning leaders, including:
- Albert Wat (National Governors Association)
- Valora Washington (The CAYL Institute)
- Amy O’Leary (Strategies for Children)
- Saeyun Lee (Massachusetts Department of Higher Education)
- Kristie Kauerz (University of Washington)
- Gail Joseph (University of Washington)
I’m working with ECA’s planning team and will be presenting at the Institute as well. The Institute will convene over 100 educational leaders for workshops that include presentations, case studies, interactive discussions, and small group work. Participants are asked to attend all four workshops:
- February 27 at Clark University
- March 20 at Clark University
- April 10 at the Southbridge Hotel and Conference Center
- May 1 at the Southbridge Hotel and Conference Center
See the Early Educators Leadership Brochure 2015 for additional information. Use this link to submit your online application.
Hope you and leaders from your community can make it. The Institute promises to be an excellent opportunity for learning and exchange.