Learn about how state agencies, regional support organizations, and communities collaborate to improve outcomes for children and families. Lee Anne Larsen of the Maine Department of Education joins me in this NAEYC Virtual Institute video recording.
- I begin with an introduction to the First 10 approach
- Lee Anne discusses how Maine’s state and local First 10 initiatives work together
- I share the story of First 10 in Pennsylvania as it moves from a state institute to a county United Way Collective Impact grant to a regional initiative in 13 communities
- Lee Anne and I discuss challenges and lessons learned
- Lee Anne closes with a reflection on the significance of First 10 partnerships in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
First 10 Community Partnerships: State, Regional, and Community Approaches to Improving the First Decade of Children’s Lives (NAEYC)