Tufts intern Jess Petraglia has compiled an impressive booklet documenting the learning of Somerville’s Kindergarten Readiness Group over the last 18 months: Somerville Kindergarten Readiness Booklet_2013-14.
The Kindergarten Readiness Group is a professional learning community of community-based and public school early childhood educators. The booklet includes Somerville’s kindergarten transition form and visual summaries of the following topics:
- Play in the Early Childhood Classroom
- Connecting Play-Based Learning and the Standards
- Cross-Classroom Visits
- Collaborating to Create Curriculum
The Collaborating to Create Curriculum section provides guidance on aligning activities, developmental domains, and standards for four high-quality picture books:
- The Ugly Vegetables by Grace Lin
- Oscar and the Snail by Geoff Waring
- Zero by Kathryn Otoshi
- Do You Have a Hat? by Eileen Spinelli
Congrats to Jess and the Kindergarten Readiness Group.